Thursday, June 6, 2019

John 1:1-8

John 1:1-8
English Standard Version (ESV)

  I've made some thing in my life.  I've made some paintings and some sculptures, none of which identify any artistic talent within me.  I've made some furniture as well, a few pieces of which have even turned out well.  But I don't know that I would say that I love any of it.  I'm pleased with some of it, even the flawed pieces, but I don't think I'd sacrifice to keep any of it, especially if it turned on me and started attacking me.
  Yet another reminder of how different God is than we are.  God is completely other, and yet God has become one of us.  We are creations of God, spoken into being, and we are known by God intimately.  That brings both joy and shame, as we revel in the relationship and also wish we could hide our weaknesses. 
  God fell in love with us, and God then entered into creation, writing himself into the story, not only so that we would know God completely, but also so that we could be saved by God.  God became the perfect sacrifice so that the Creator could saved the created, and the world has never been the same. 
  God made you, God loves you, and God sacrificed God's own Son to save you.  Never forget that those three things are true about you.

No comments: