Monday, November 18, 2019

X-Rays

  The other day I was having an X-ray on my arm.  The technician positioned my arm on the plate, and then quickly scurried away to the other side of a wall before activating the machine*.  Watching her walk away, I couldn't help but think that if what was about to happen was bad, I think I wanted to run away as well!
  It also makes me grateful for the love of God.  When things go sideways, when tragedy strikes, when the storms of life beat at the door, God doesn't rush off and find someplace secure.  No, God walks with us through the valley of the shadow of death.  God abides with us, even in the depths of the storms, so that we might have confidence that we are never alone and that nothing can separate us from the love of God!  When trouble comes, God stays beside us!

  *I realize that the x-ray technicians are at greater risk due to repeated exposure all day, every day.  Just made me think as I watched her find shelter and safety.

No comments: