Wednesday, April 20, 2022

1 John 2:28-29

1 John 2:28-29 

  I'm not a tree expert.  I generally have no idea what kind of tree something is just by looking at it.  I know what maple trees look like in the fall when the leaves turn bright red, and I know an oak tree based on the acorns it drops.  Other than that, I'm a bit in the dark.
  But I know an apple tree when I see apples hanging from every branch.  And when I drive by an orchard with orange trees laden with fruit, it's pretty easy to guess what kind of trees those are.  We know trees by their fruit.
  In the same way, we can tell Christians by those who follow Christ with their actions and their words.  We see people serving selflessly, speaking kindly, setting their own priorities aside to discover the needs and desires of others.  In these ways, we discover the Christians in the world around us.

No comments: