Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Titus 1:1-4

Titus 1:1-4 
English Standard Version 

  Is this how you start your emails?  It's not how I start my emails.  I don't introduce myself by such a phrase... but maybe I should start.
  Paul is squarely rooting himself in the single most important thing of his life -- the resurrection of Jesus Christ and the eternal hope of Jesus Christ.  Before Paul even really begins his letter, he's rooting every word of it in the greatest truth we've ever known -- that this message is important because the Gospel is the single most important thing.  
  It's so hard to keep the main thing as the main thing.  We all get distracted.  I get caught up in other things -- I start to think that a meeting on a Wednesday afternoon is the most vital thing, and I need a reminder of the eternal time scale, to step back and keep perspective.  
  So may we each keep a focus on the Gospel, on the central Truth of each of our lives.  By starting and ending each day with a few minutes with God, we help ourselves order our lives around what truly matters.

No comments: