Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Mark 10:46-52

Mark 10:46-52 

  There's so many times where I'm uncertain exactly what Jesus has in store for me.  I'm trying to think about the next step, or what a faithful response looks like in a certain situation, and I just get it wrong.
  I take great comfort in reading the Gospels, where the disciples are also consistently getting it wrong.  Here, a blind beggar is yelling for Jesus, but rather than invite him closer, as you'd think Jesus would want them to do, many are rebuking the beggar.  They don't want Jesus to be disturbed, but Jesus has come just for this purpose.  To be disturbed, so that he can demonstrate his mastery over sin and death.  He's come for this reason, and he will not be denied.  
  In the same way, he has come for you.  You are his prize, and he will not be denied!

No comments: