Monday, September 23, 2024

Psalm 150

Psalm 150 

  Do you ever hear the hype around a new restaurant or a new show and convince yourself that you need to try it?  Sometimes, the buzz wears off quickly, and before you make time to get there, the hype has faded.  Other times, that hype is sustained, and you go and discover something incredible, and you wonder why you took so long to try it for yourself.
  When I read the Psalms, I am often left wondering if I spend enough time praising God.  I make plenty of time to lift up my concerns to God, and I often have plenty of questions for God.
  But do I simply praise God for who God is?  Do I allow my whole self to praise God?  Do I get caught up in the creation-wide song that the rocks and trees are singing?  Or am I so inward-focused that I'm missing the opportunity to praise God with everything that I am?

No comments: