Thursday, November 3, 2011

One Month


  Would you believe it if I told you that Caleb is a month old today?  (It doesn't really matter if you believe it or not... it's still true!)  He's celebrating right now by wailing.  We think it's a baby rendition of Happy Birthday.  If you disagree, you're welcome to come and interpret right now!  We could use a hand.

  Caleb's been doing pretty well.  He slept quite a bit last night--he went down at 10:30, got up to eat at 4:30, then slept until past 9 this morning.  Rachel was very grateful for the rest--she looks so much more rested now than she has in the past month.  Caleb was probably grateful for it, too.  He just has his own way of showing it!

  Rachel weighed him on the scale this morning.  He's up to almost 10.5 pounds!  It's amazing to look at him and see that he looks almost the exact same, yet everything is just a little bit bigger.  He's slowly growing, day by day.  (Can you imagine putting on a pound a week?  That'd be a terrible year for all of us--and he'll certainly slow down, but it's amazing to see him grow, to hold him every day and feel a little more weight each time.)

  What a month it's been.  It's been such a total transformation.  Every part of my life has changed, and I'm thrilled about it.  From the moment I get up in the morning, I see things through a different lens--the world seems to have gotten a bit smaller since he came into my life.  What I mean is that I don't get as up or down by the events of my day--they all relate to him.  For instance, I spent 7 hours at a Presbytery meeting on Tuesday (and I left early!), but when I got home, so much of that stress slid away when I saw him--he matters so much more.  It is a delight to hold him, to watch him as his little hands grasp little toys.  It's amazing to think that he is growing into a toddler, into a boy, into a man, day by day.  I'm not rushing him along, just trying to enjoy each and every day, each little moment, and thrilled that Rachel gets to spend this time with him.  What a gift... it's all just such a blessing!

No comments: