Saturday, November 5, 2011

Slow Down

  Caleb makes me slow down.

  And that's a good thing.

  It's so easy to get caught up in the routines.  It's easy to rush home, to rush on to the next project, to be so caught up in the living of life that you miss the essence of life.  When I look at Caleb, I am reminded of what truly matters--not what I accomplish, or what the world thinks of me, but whether or not my son recognizes the love I have for him.  It's easy for me to say it--but am I showing it?  When I'm in a hurry to get to my next project, it's hard for me to show it.  I recognize the importance of setting up good habits and patterns now--this isn't just about him as a baby, but setting in places the ways we'll live as a family now.  And I need to slow down and show him that I love him now, so that by the time he's 5 or 10 or 20, he'll know, and he'll see, how much I love him.

  So Caleb makes me slow down.

  And I'm so grateful for it.

No comments: