Monday, November 7, 2011

Well-Funded?

  So there I was...

  I was listening the radio on the way home and they were interviewing a political candidate.  They described his candidate as 'well-funded.'

  Not well-liked or well-respected, but well-funded.  It didn't seem like the first term I want to use when I refer to a politician that I like.  And yet, in politics these days, that's often exactly what it takes to win an election--not necessarily a deep integrity, but deep pockets.

  I wonder if we sometimes evaluation the church on the wrong metrics, too.  Do we get too caught up in the race to 'win' that we sometimes miss the importance of being faithful to the Gospel?  Are we too worried about our appearance or our reputation than we are about doing the inner work of the heart?  Are we too caught up in looking like we're living a faithful life that we don't have enough time to actually pursue a deep and passionate relationship with God?

  It's worth taking the time to remember what truly  matters in this life--our relationship with Christ--and investing in that first.  Everything else will come later.

No comments: