Monday, December 15, 2008

12/15

Heavenly Lord,
You speak and creation begins. Your words are more powerful than we can ever imagine. You rule over such broad expanses that to begin to comprehend it all sends my mind spinning and I am overcome by vastness that I cannot understand. You are God; your ways and thoughts are not my own, and I struggle to begin to think about you. I want to know your ways and your will for my life, but I cannot remove myself from my human ways of thinking. For that I depend on you revealing yourself to us, which you have done in Jesus Christ.
I praise you for the gift of Christ, the babe in the manger, the teacher in the streets, the healer in the gutters, the Savior on a cross. He is God with us, and we are tripping over ourselves as we try to crowd around him to see him, touch him, speak with him. Our lives are given over to the service of you, and we rejoice at the gift of a Savior, a leader, a shepherd. I can now understand that you are grace and love because that is what I have seen in Christ. I can now know you because I know Christ. I can go forth in love because I have seen what you are calling us to do. I can rejoice and praise your name because I know how great and powerful you are. Thank you, Lord, for coming down and showing us what it means for you to be God.
Amen.

No comments: