Tuesday, December 16, 2008

9 Days to Christmas!

Holy and Amazing Lord,
Thank you for the stars across the sky and the love within my heart. Thank you for the ability to hope in today and the freedom to work for you. Thank you for the people you have surrounded me with and the mentors I have had through the years. You have been, and still are, preparing me to work for your kingdom. Give me the strength to do that work with joy.
Lord, we all pray for wisdom to understand where you are leading us. Help me to understand what you are calling me to do. Help me to hear your voice, that still, silent voice, and to work tirelessly in pursuit of its call. Lord, teach me to be patient, not to try and grasp you, but to allow you to work in your time, and in your ways. You are the Lord of all; I am your creation. Help me remember that.
In my times of temptation and weakness, teach me your ways, strengthen me by your word, and lead me in your footsteps so that I might testify to you and your truth.
Amen.

No comments: