Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wednesday Morning

Dear God,
Surround me as I go through this wet and rainy day. As the drops cascade down upon my head, upon my back, before and after me, may your grace do the same, anointing me in your love. You are the God who gives beyond our ability to recognize, the God who offers more than we can ever imagine--stretch my mind to consider your grace, your love and your faithfulness. Help me to understand your ways, so that my life might be transformed by your Holy Spirit so that I might more fully take part in your mission here in this world.
On rainy days I love to sit inside and watch the rain beat down upon our deck. Thank you, Lord, for a dry place to sit in the rain. Thank you, Lord, for the chance to be indoors, safe from the cold and the rain. Thank you, Lord, for the blessings you have given. So many in this world are homeless, with no place to hide from the elements. Open my eyes so that I might see how the world around me suffers when it rains.
As I go into this world today, Lord, may I go forward and speak words of grace and love. May I reach out to others, may I offer myself, may your words form my words and guide my feet so that I might be used by you for your service. May I do all things in love and peace.
Amen.

No comments: