Monday, January 10, 2011

1/10/11

Good morning, God.

You have created a snowglobe outside my window, and each flake testifies to the glory of God. All of creation shows signs of your handiwork--from the smallest flake to the tallest mountain. You delight in the wonders of this world, creating a place where beauty unfurls itself on a grand scale, shouting to all who will listen that you are a God of splendor and wonder. How often I go through the world with blinders on, ignoring the reality of your heavenly beauty here on earth. The wondrous has become familiar, and I have closed my eyes to it.

Forgive me, Lord, for not standing in wonder of your magnificent creation. Forgive me, Lord, for not bowing the knee to praise your name. Forgive me, Lord, for my self-centered ways.

You are the God who speaks into the chaos, and I pray that you might speak once more this day, that my heart might be filled with the wonders of your love. Focus me on your Son, Jesus Christ, my Lord and my Savior, that my every word might point to Him. May this day of my life be an offering to you.

Amen

No comments: