Tuesday, January 18, 2011

1/18/11

Good morning, God.

  Once more, you have sustained life for one more day.  Your awesome and amazing hand has held up creation, and I have the incomparable joy of wandering into the world once more.  May I take the time to be amazed at what you have done--from the mighty trees to the smallest rocks.  Holy Lord, I pray that this day might be one in which I hear the voices of the rocks as they cry out their praise songs to you.

  I pray for Evelyn this morning, as she heals.  I pray that you might grant her the strength, the peace and the ability to progress down the healing road.

  I pray for justice, Lord.  I pray for the kind of world Dr. King worked to help create.  I pray that my heart and my life will contribute to the equality of many, that my hands might reach out in love, in peace, to be used by you for your work, rather than my own glory.  I pray, Lord, for all people in every land, those dealing with flooding in Australia to poverty in Chattanooga, that we might all learn to work together for good, for your glory.  Reveal yourself in powerful ways through the lives of your servants, that the light of Christ might shine for all to see.  Vanquish my fear, O Lord, that I may no longer cower in uncertainty but rather go forth in boldness. 

  You are King, Lord, and I love you.

Amen

No comments: