Tuesday, May 17, 2011

5/17/2011

Good morning, God.

  You have created a world filled with beauty and splendor.  You have called forth light into a dark world, and as the sun rises each morning it reveals a new day, a new world.  You are magnificent, wondrous, and I praise you for all that you have done.  Thank you, Lord, for today.  You didn't have to sustain creation today.  You didn't have to hold me in your arms all night and give me the gift of one more day.  But you did--and I thank you.

  As I go into the world, may my eyes stay wide in wonder, and may my heart search for the places where you are at work.  May my hands and feet be ready to follow, and may my heart be ready to love.  Teach me, Lord, to follow you today, and teach me how to be led.  You are good, and I aspire to be--may what I offer today be acceptable to you.

Amen

No comments: