Tuesday, May 3, 2011

5/3/2011

Good morning, God.

  Thank you for another day.  There are so many that have not received one more day--I am grateful for your grace that sustains me for this day.  May I live it with purpose.

  I pray, Lord, for those whose lives have been devastated by these storms.  I pray for their wounded hearts, for their shattered lives.  You have promised to speak words of order into our chaos--I pray for those words now, that you might speak through the churches, that we might show Christ's love to those in need, to those who need stability.  I pray that the citizens of this region will reach out to one another in love and mercy, helping them rebuild, helping them grieve.  Show us how to serve, Lord, and give us hearts to see the needs.  Your mercy extends from generation to generation.

  I pray for peace, too.  This world is a violent place, filled with some people who seem to love violence.  Give us peaceful hearts, that we might focus on loving one another, on loving our enemies, that we might love the violence right out of this world.  May we pray for peace and work for justice, lending our voices to those of the oppressed.  Grant us the words, Lord, to speak.

  May this day glorify you.

  Amen

No comments: