Friday, May 13, 2011

Details, Details

It has been brought to my attention that I may have omitted a detail in the last post on this blog.

It's a boy!

I don't think anyone had told me they suspected it was a boy. Plenty of people thought it would be a girl. One person had a dream, and I had a strong feeling that it would be a girl. I don't know why, but we were all wrong.

It's a boy!

I have a son...

And now, so many questions arise--

Will he like baseball? (Yes)

Will his ACL be stronger than mine? (We can only hope)

Will he be tall? (Probably)

Will he play soccer? (Of course)

Will he be able to sing? (He can't sing worse than I do!)

Will he appreciate Mel Brooks' movies? (I hope so)

Will I, like Jor-El, have to launch him to another planet someday in the only hope for providing for his future? (I hope not--I don't have a space ship)

I think those are all of them.  Glad we have that cleared up.


  I still am trying to grasp everything I saw in that ultrasound yesterday.  It was amazing to view the baby in such detail, so see the chambers of the heart that God has created, to watch tiny hands open and close, squirm and wriggle, to see a nose and eyes and the lens of the eyeball--each tiny, significant detail brought wonder so close to the surface that I could sense it in every fiber of my being.  That small, dark room was transformed into a sanctuary where I was able to worship the Lord of all creation, who crafts each child and calls them by name.

  Speaking of names, we have no idea.  We had a girls' name picked out and ready to go--we had discussed it before we got pregnant, but had never stumbled upon a name for a boy.  It looks like we'll have to do that.

  I find myself looking forward with joy to so many father-son experiences--what an incredible privilege, a gift from God.  I have a son, and joy washes over me once more.

No comments: