Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Psalm 40:11-17

Psalm 40:11-17
21st Century King James Version (KJ21)

  11 Withhold not Thou Thy tender mercies from me, O Lord; let Thy lovingkindness and Thy truth continually preserve me. 12 For innumerable evils have compassed me about; mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up. They are more than the hairs of mine head; therefore my heart faileth me.
  13 Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me; O Lord, make haste to help me! 14 Let them be ashamed and confounded together that seek after my soul to destroy it; let them be driven backward and put to shame that wish me evil. 15 Let them be desolate as a reward for their shame, that say unto me, “Aha, aha!”
  16 Let all those that seek Thee rejoice and be glad in Thee; let those that love Thy salvation say continually, “The Lord be magnified!” 17 But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh of me. Thou art my help and my deliverer; do not tarry, O my God!

*************************

  I consider myself a fairly capable person.  When many problems arise, I generally know how to fix them.
  But then I'll get sick.  Or have a few bad days in a row.  Or just be generally uncertain.
  And then my own sense of self-confidence goes out the window.  At that point, I recognize how powerless I truly am.  At that point, I see the need to reach beyond humanity's limited abilities and grab hold of the outstretched arm of God, the only anchor in my life that is able to hold fast through any storm or gale.
  To look beyond the throngs of onrushing enemies and see the hope that lies beyond takes a strong faith.  It also takes a strong faith to look within and see the presence and power of God at work within us.  But the Holy Spirit has put that faith there, and the Holy Spirit will not let go.
  God is our help and deliverer.  Hold onto hope.  Hold onto Christ!

May you trust God's presence today

No comments: