Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Colossians 4:2-4

Colossians 4:2-4 
English Standard Version (ESV)

  I was in a hotel gym and there was a sign on the wall listing all the rules for the gym.  The last one, looking out for my health, advised me to stop at the first sign of stress.  I doubt I'd make it very far in an exercise regimen if I stopped at the first sign of stress -- I'd never lift a weight or break a sweat if I did that!
 And yet many of us treat our religious devotions with the same attitude.  We follow them when things are going well, when it's easy, but the second that things turn challenging and faith starts to ask a lot of us, we set it down, always promising to pick things back up, but finding good excuses not to do so.  We choose the easier path.
  So let us continue steadfastly in prayer, always looking for God to open a door to declare the mystery of Christ!

No comments: