Monday, January 28, 2019

Ephesians 6:12-13

Ephesians 6:12-13
English Standard Version (ESV)

  So there I was, sitting in a plane in Minneapolis on Saturday morning.  It was 2 degrees, or negative 2 (at that point, does it really matter?), and they had to bring a special truck in to de-ice the engine because there was too much ice inside.  We were just sitting on the tarmac, waiting for the truck, and that provided my mind enough time to contemplate all the terrible things that might happen if there was too much ice in the engine.
  And then a voice reminded me that I have been claimed by the Almighty God.  I have been redeemed from the grave, and while the arms of death will reach for me, they cannot hold me, because the God of eternal life has saved me from death and is preparing me for life eternal.  Death is not my destiny -- I am saved for life, and for light.  I have nothing to fear, for death is but a window through which I will pass, into life eternal.
  Claim your armor, friends.  In our baptisms, we are claimed by Christ, and death cannot seize us.  The enemy will remind us of death and of our past, but the Gospel reminds us of life.  Choose life this morning, and ignore the whispers of the enemy.  Instead choose to worship the Lord with a joyful noise!

No comments: