Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Hebrews 11:29-31

Hebrews 11:29-31

  God can do amazing things.  The Israelites can escape slavery and an onrushing army.  Joshua can conquer an impenetrable city.  Rahab can become a Biblical hero, her story still told thousands of years later, due to her bravery and courage.
  I'll freely admit that I don't know what God is going to do next.  The world certainly seems like it is in need of a miracle -- we need peace and we need love and we need healing.  There is economic and physical pain.  We're all a little scared and a bit uncertain.  
  Granted, the Israelites, standing on the shores of the sea, were also a little scared, wondering why Moses had dragged them out of Egypt to face death.  Rahab and Joshua weren't certain what came next either.  But God was at work then, and God is still at work.  I trust in God and that the ultimate future is in God's hands.  I don't know what future miracles will look like, but I'll be praying for them.

No comments: