Thursday, January 19, 2023

1 Corinthians 2:14-16

1 Corinthians 2:14-16 

  When I go to art museums, there is a lot that doesn't make any sense to me.  The hardest part for me, in moments like that, is to have humility and try and look through the lens of someone else to find something to appreciate.  Instead, I assume that my viewpoint is the only valid one, and therefore, it's not good art.  It's a growing edge for me.
  It's hard to accept humility, but Paul is telling the Corinthians that it's a vital part of faith -- to have the humility to set aside our own way of thinking and allow the mind of Christ to lead us.  It's hard to take the things from the Spirit of God -- to discern things spiritually, especially when these clash with the popular ways of thinking.  But this is the way to growth -- to accept another way of thinking, and humbly allow God to speak to us and lead us in the direction that God thinks is best, not us.

No comments: