Thursday, January 26, 2023

1 Corinthians 3:16-17

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 

  If we're honest, we'll admit that we open the car doors more carefully when we're parked next to a brand new luxury car then if we pull in tightly to a 1986 Toyota Corolla that shows the miles.  In the same way, I had a nice steak for dinner the other night and I ate slower than I would've if I'd been at a fast food restaurant -- I savored it more, even though the calories going in were probably the same.  
  How would you treat yourself if you thought of yourself as God's temple, hosting the Holy Spirit?  How would you talk to yourself differently if you were aware of the eternal and everlasting God dwelling within you?  I bet you'd be a little kinder, a little gentler, if you contemplated how God made you and claimed you and lives in you.  Just as you walk a bit more carefully when touring a mansion, you'd be a little more considerate and give yourself a bit more grace if you thought of yourself in such a way.
  The Psalmist tells us that God has known us since eternity and knit us together in our mother's wombs.  You are handcrafted by God, so be kind to yourself.  God made you.

No comments: