Thursday, December 7, 2023

Mark 13:24-27

Mark 13:24-27 

  When it rains, it's hard to feel optimistic.  Rainy days feel dreary to me.  As I think about that, I don't think I'd be overly optimistic if I saw the stars falling from the heavens.  If the sun is darkened and the moon fails to give forth light, I would be pretty discouraged.  It'd be easy to give up hope.
  On the other side of that trial, however, there is God, sending out angels to gather up the faithful.  There is Jesus, coming in clouds and robed in glory.  On the other side of suffering, there is hope -- this is the message of Scripture, all with the purpose of helping us hold onto hope in the midst of suffering, so that our faith might be strong enough to believe that God is with us in the suffering and will give us the power to endure through it to the glory on the other side.

No comments: