Monday, December 4, 2023

Mark 13:3-8

Mark 13:3-8

  I was listening to a preacher I really enjoy the other day, and he started to get into this a little -- with the disclaimer that while we don't know when the end will be, he started to list off things that made him think it was coming soon.  I'm on the fence for even going that far -- part of me appreciates digging into the Scriptures and recognizing that they have something to say to us in modern times.  But mostly, I hear Jesus start with a warning for us not to be led astray by anyone who begins to claim to know when such things will take place.  The world has been a violent place for thousands of years, with too much chaos and too much violence taking too many innocent lives.  Nations are in conflict with nations, and it startles me every time I see the list of conflicts going on in the world.  We long for peace, we pray for peace, but the ultimate peace is only on the other side of great tribulation.
  As the church, all we can do is trust in God and work for peace.  We can see where people are hurting, and we can serve, and we can love, and we can pray.  Thy Will Be Done -- each and every day.

No comments: