Friday, February 20, 2009

TGIF

Dear Lord,
I sit and stare outside at a sunny day, and yet I know how cold it is. I would never know this by looking, and were it not for knowing how cold it is I would enter the world unprepared.
Only because I have received such grace do I truly know how lost I would be, so filled with sin am I. My mind wanders from you, leading me astray from serving you. I might be tempted to look at my life and think that all is well, but inside I know that a battle rages as sin tries to control me and I try to turn my life over to you. Only by reading the Gospel, by praying often, do I truly know how great your power is and what you are calling me to be. I am not at peace, and yet I am striving for your peace.
Convert me again, renew my life so that I may follow you, be washing in the blood, so I may be white as snow.
Amen.

No comments: