Friday, February 27, 2009

TGIF




Patient God,
I praise you for all that you are! For I am like a branch, twisting in the wind, always frightfully near to crashing away from the only thing that I am tethered to. With every passing storm I lean away from you, trying to sample the rains that I think will nourish me, forgetting where my real sustenance comes from. Every now and again I realize my life is tied to you, and I cling to you more tightly than ever, terrified of what might happen if I crash to the earth, falling away from you. You are always there. You are steady and reliable, the trunk that holds me up and the source of my life, my energy. You are steady as can be; remind me that I am held by you, and may I find the way that I may sprout leaves that glorify you.
Amen.

No comments: