Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday

Lord--
Remind me of your peace. For there are days when all I can think about is chaos. I seem to find it so easy to wrap myself in the watery, undulating waves, and as they toss me about I wonder how I will ever extract myself. Remind me that I cannot. Only you can free me from the whirlpools, only you can calm the roaring waves, and often in ways I never realized. It is not within my capability to straighten out everything in my life, although I often feel as though I am responsible for that. It is, however, within my grasp to listen to your voice, and to work with you as you work through me. Help me hear your voice, O Lord, amidst the chaos of the world, and guide my feet and hands as I wander through my days. Draw me near to you, and remind me of your ever-present grace.
Amen.

No comments: