Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thursday Morning

Precious Lord,
Help me take your hand. I feel so fiercely independent some days, and the reality is that I need to submit to your will. You have made me, fearfully and wonderfully crafted me from nothing. You have set me loose in this place, and prayed that I would choose your will for my life.
I am trying. I am trying to set aside my pride and my insistence that I know what is best. I am failing, time and time again, in my attempts to be humble and accept your will in my life.
Be my courage, on this day, to stand up to my own will and submit to yours.
Thank you, Lord, for this beautiful day, this blessing of blessings. Thank you for the love that surrounds me, for the encouragement that lifts me up, and the friends I rely upon to help me go forward.
Amen.

No comments: