Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tuesday Morning

Great Lord,
Expand my mind so that I might see the world anew. I am amazed by my own ability to narrow myself sufficiently so that I see what I expect. Renew me, amaze me, so that when I open my eyes I see the world not as I expect, but as you created. A world joyful and good, filled with touches that only you could create. God Almighty, you took tender care in creating the earthworm; how much more does your grace spill out upon my neighbor, upon my enemy? How do I receive each one as your child? How do I recognize the good buried within each of us, even as we so often are trying to cover it with our own quest for human glory? Uncover my eyes so I may see, and unburden my arms so I may embrace, your beautiful creation once more.
Amen.

No comments: