Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday

Creator God--
Thank you for the gift of this day. You have set me in this place and opened an eternity of possibilities before me. As I stand looking out at the horizon, wondering what will rise to meet me this day, I thank you. I wonder what I will do to praise your name--will I shout of your glory on this day? Will I tell of your grace? Will I point to the beauty of new life, new mercy, that constantly runs through my life, a scarlet thread that keeps me together, for without your mercy I would have fallen apart long ago? Will I serve my brothers and sisters in Christ? Will I love all of creation? Will I uncover new ways to express my gratitude to you? I don't know what today holds, but I am so grateful that within it, I know I can rely upon you. Thank you, Praise you, Love you.
Amen.

No comments: