Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday Morning

Dear God,

Hear I am, Lord. I am waiting on your Word. I have come from a busy weekend, and I tentatively place one foot forward into this Monday morning, hoping that you might illumine the path before me. I know the way myself, but so often my courage fades early, that by lunchtime I have wandered far from your path. I find myself in the broad, flat way, where the trees overhang and create a shadowy existence where the dappled light betrays my confused and faithless heart. I forget to call out to my Savior, and soon I am lost.

So here I am, Lord, waiting on you. I feel anticipation rise within me as your Word swirls around me, calling me to the path you trod, that I might grow as a disciple, as a child, as an obedient son. Remind me once more of your grace, that I might revel in your mercy and proclaim your love! Teach me, my God, to sing my own song, the one you have placed in my heart, that I might no longer wander, but stay close to the well, the fountain of Living Water, my God and Savior.

Amen

No comments: