Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday Morning

Lord,

  You are magnificent.  There is nothing you cannot do, and every good work in this world reflects your love.  You created the earth from nothing through the power of your words, and you have breathed life into this and every being.

  Work something wondrous through me today.  Use my life, that it might point to you.  May I not seek my own glory today, but rather live with a heart set on you.  My heart is faithless and so often wanders down paths paved with human glory rather than illuminated by your Son, but I desire nothing so badly as to live with a heart and life focused on you.  I pray that as the lightning cracks and illumines the sky, so, too, might your Word light a path before my feet and lead my heart to wander down in, hand in hand with God Almighty!

Amen

No comments: