Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wednesday Morning 10/13/2010

Holy Lord,

You are majestic beyond measure, beyond compare, beyond imagination. Your power reaches down from the highest heavens and touches the trees, and they turn color in wonder at your power. Soon they fall, for once they have seen you they must surely die.

I am amazed at those who were terrified to see you, for they knew they must die. Out of your mercy you covered Moses with your hand. You spoke to Job from the whirlwind. You provide guidance for us without endangering us, yet I dream of the day I shall see you face to face and live... I have no idea what that dream shall look like in reality, yet I trust that it will be so beautiful I will scarcely be able to kneel.

I love you, Lord, and yet until that day, I shall continue to sin and stray. Teach me, my Lord, to hold onto my hope, to let Christ guide me each and every day, that when I sin I shall have the courage to repent and the desire to follow, that your love and grace might be the strongest force in my life, and I shall be led by you.

Amen

No comments: