Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thursday Morning 10/28/2010

Holy God.

Holy, Holy, Holy.  You are higher than everything else in this world.  Your throne ends where the foundations of the earth begin, and your voice emanates from that place with power and majesty riding upon the winds.  All the earth is yours, and from the moment creation began you have been Lord of everything.

And yet, you came to this earth because you hold a love for us deeper than I can ever begin to understand.  You created a path, that we might have life, and have it abundantly.

Still, I turn from this path, believing that I am self-sufficient, believing that I don't know you, that my idols are worth everything.  Forgive my faithless heart, my wayward feet, my humble sin.  Forgive me, Lord, and create something anew within me this day, that I might be changed, transformed, in love with you, this day, and forevermore.

I love you, Lord.

Amen

No comments: