Monday, February 13, 2012

2/13/2012

Everlasting God,

  You have set us here by your power alone--nothing else could have created this amazing world.  You, and you alone, sustain life by your righteous hand, and all of life should glorify you.  When we turn and focus on ourselves, we turn from you in sin.

  I wonder, Lord, how much it breaks your heart to see us fritter away our time on actions of little consequence.  I wonder, Lord, how sad it makes you to see us invest our lives in things that do not matter, in little diversions and small entertainments.  I wonder, Lord, how much you long for us to renew ourselves in your glory and power each morning.

  Bring us back, Lord.  Bring me back into a faithful walk with you, that I may proclaim your name through my words and my deeds.  May I not focus on myself this day, but may I humbly bow before you in all I do.

Amen

No comments: