Thursday, February 23, 2012

2/23/2012

Holy and awesome God,

  You are.  You have existed since before creation, and time itself is a part of your creation.  Your existence spans the heavens, and even the most distant star does not escape your sight.  Life, wherever it may exist, is there because you have created it, and surely this entire universe reflects your glory.

  Lord, I pray that you might inspire me by your Spirit to see everything in this world as your work.  May I offer praise and glory to you when I see the trees covered in frost and the rains falling around me.  May I praise your name at the sight of the stars in the sky and the mud beneath my feet.  May this life be so filled with an awareness of your nearness that not a moment goes by when I do not praise your name.

Amen

No comments: