Tuesday, February 7, 2012

2/7/2012

 Holy Father,

  You are all powerful and eternal--there is nothing that you cannot do.  You have established the sun in the sky and the earth in its orbit, and then you filled the earth with good things.  All of this you did by your complete power and majesty, declaring everything good and reveling in its beauty.

  Lord, open my eyes to see the beauty of your creation on this morning.  May the miracle of the sun's rise be to me a moment of worship, and may the day that slowly reveals itself to me be filled with awe and worship--may I pause to drink in your glory, that it may so fill and satiate me to the point that I want nothing else but to life before you in obedience and submission.  May I not be afraid to kneel in prayer, to sing out in worship, to quietly listen.  You are my King, my Lord.

  Thank you for the gift of life, for the gift of joy, for the love and grace that fill my heart.  May I freely offer back this life to you.

Amen

No comments: