Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Acts 20:7-16

Acts 20:7-16
English Standard Version (ESV) 

  We're a pretty scheduled people.  I'm guessing that I'm not the only one who has a calendar that runs my life, framing up how I'm going to spend my days, allocating blocks of time to this project or that interest.  Some things, I'm just checking off the list to move forward, while others I will linger over for a little while longer.  What I love is when something catches my interest so deeply that it runs over its allocated time slot, and I find myself wrapped up in it, barely noticing as the hours slide by.
  When you think about your relationship with God, what kind of place does it hold for you?  Is it something that you give some time to every day, doing your duty and then moving on, able to check that box? Perhaps it's not even on your daily schedule, but maybe you just set some time aside for God each Sunday and then move on to other things.  Or do you find yourself getting lost in God, unable to confine your passion for God by a time slot, as you find yourself lost in wonder and praise, wrapped up in the mystery and love of God?  That's the kind of relationship I long for.  I don't have it, but I'd love to sit in worship of God and stay there beyond an hour or two, caught up in love for the One who came to save me before I even knew I needed saving!
 

No comments: