Monday, June 15, 2020

Job 38:1-7

Job 38:1-7 
English Standard Version (ESV)

  When I think of how many questions I often have, I think of God, answering Job out of a whirlwind not with answers, but with questions, with a reminder, that there is much we do not know on this side of heaven.  God is the one who has crafted the earth, who has laid the foundation and taught those stars their song.  I am much smaller then this, but I also know that this God cares for me -- that I am the lost sheep, and the Good Shepherd searches for me.  Combine our knowledge of God's sovereignty with the awareness of God's unique love that we see in the Gospels, and know that you are loved by the most powerful being in existence.  Though we may not fully understand the hows and the whys, we can trust in the goodness of God.

No comments: