Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Joshua 24:14-15

Joshua 24:14-15 
English Standard Version (ESV)

  Unfortunately, I'm not in control of a number of things today.  I cannot control what kind of mood my children will have when they wake up.  I cannot control the weather.  I cannot control how clients respond at work.  I cannot control global politics or many of the events happening on a large scale -- I can contribute, I can do my small part, but I have very little control.  Much of what other people do, I cannot control, and neither can you.
  However, we have a choice in how we respond  to the world.  We have a choice in how we respond to individuals and circumstances and outside actions -- we can respond faithfully, or we can lash out.  There are many people in the world, on every side of every issue, who see everything as a threat and respond in fear.  In Christ, however, we can be confidant rather than fearful, trusting that the God who claimed us in the waters of baptism and freely chooses to be for us, even when we were enemies of God, has prepared a place for us and will allow nothing to come between us.  We can choose, every day, to serve God, and trust that in doing our faithful part, we are making the wiser choice.

No comments: