Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2/15/2011

Good morning, God.

Thank you for another day. Your grace extends from one horizon to the next, and it roams about the world, covering us in your love. In the dark of night I often rise and take comfort in the knowledge that you are present, that your love abides, that I am not alone.

Throughout the history of the world you have challenged your people, stretched their imaginations as they wondered about you. You called Joshua and Jacob, Adam and Abraham to be your children, and yet faith is never easy. You pointed their minds to a distant shore, and though they often grew weary and turned away, they always came back to a life of faith.

Lord, may I life with the same focus on you. May I accept the challenges you have set before me with a grateful heart filled with a passion for you. May the words I speak and the actions I take translate into something for the glory of the kingdom. May I not shrink, but rather open my eyes and search for signs of your kingdom at work.

All for your glory, Lord, all for you.

Amen

No comments: