Tuesday, February 22, 2011

2/22

Good morning, God.

This is the day that you have made. It's a day filled with hope for what might be, filled with wonder at all that you are, filled with questions as to where you are in our midst.

I know that you have promised to be with us always, but what do I do about these situations in the Middle East, about the chaos and anger that lurks in our own country, about the earthquake in New Zealand? How do I pray for these things, for these people, about whom I know so little? Where are you, Lord, as protesters are gunned down, as dictators cling to power? Speak another Word, Lord, a word of order and truth, that we might hear and obey. Help me to see your will, Lord, for I see chaos and turmoil as they clutch at our souls, as they drag us into their shadowy world. I long for your peace to descend, for your presence to reign. Use me, Lord, in whatever way you can, that I might be a small part of the proclamation of your kingdom on this day.

I love you, Lord, and I desperately want this life to be one continuous offering to you.

Amen

No comments: