Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Kidneys, Apps and Jesus

The baseball coach donates a kidney to one of his players.

The Catholic Church is endorsing an app to help make confession easier.

Amazing to compare these two stories--one seemingly has nothing to do with the church, while the other is all about the church.

Yet one teaches me far more about what it means to be a Christian. How am I willing to let every part of my life speak to my love of Christ? How am I willing to seek out opportunities to love selflessly? Am I going to love my neighbor without counting the cost, without putting qualifications on who my neighbor is?

Christ continues to challenge me, pushing on every understanding I have of what it means to follow. Eventually I'm going to come to the realization that every single second of life is an opportunity to worship my Almighty Creator, but I continue to find new ways to resist that call to discipleship.

No comments: