Thursday, February 3, 2011

2/3/11

Good morning, God.
Thank you for another day.  I don't understand how you sustain creation, but I trust that you do.  I've seen so much of the beauty you have created, from the rugged mountains to the peaceful shore, and I am amazed at everything you have done.  Your hand seems to have carved valleys that cry out in splendor, and your creativity is evident every time I visit the aquarium.  Your beauty is everywhere, and I am amazed.

Thank you, Lord, for the people in my life.  You have surrounded me with gracious, wonderful people, and I pray that you might strengthen me, enabling me to extend to them the same grace I receive from them.

Thank you, Lord, for the gifts you have given me.  I pray that I might be able to offer them back with gratitude in my heart.

Thank you, Lord, for everything.  You are Lord of heaven and of earth, and of every moment of my life.

Amen

1 comment:

Mandy_Matthews said...

God grants us moments of humility and graciousness that we are unaware of, moments when we have the opportunity to give to others, share our time, our patience, our gentleness...or just to listen. Rest easy knowing that you have these moments and that you do extend a transforming gift to others: optimism, hope, and enthusiasm....mixed with a good bit of sarcasm.