Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ahhh....life

  Life moves in phases.



 There was a time in my life, not too long ago, when I watched that commercial and seriously considered how I would look driving a Mustang.  (Who am I kidding?  I didn't care what I looked like.  I just wanted to drive it.)  I spent large amounts of time wondering about Ford Mustangs and really expensive bicycles and other toys I probably (definitely) didn't need.

  Now, life has changed a little.  That Mustang doesn't have four doors, and getting a carseat in and out of the back seems treacherous.  Those triathlon bikes probably don't work so well with trailers behind them.  Instead of wondering about horsepower, I'm purchasing items that promise to be 'odor free' and offers 'economic refills'.  Once, I was focused on stocking the house with items for a game room downstairs.  Now, my house has an item expressly designed to care for the toxic waste produced by a person who won't use a litter box.

  How quickly life changes...

  (And why is it a good thing that my diaper disposal system doesn't need batteries?  What would the batteries do--run the ejection system that pitches dirty diapers out the window into the neighbors yard?  Call the sewage system and have them send some guys out to clean this thing up?  Or does it just mean I can't put batteries in there because the stench would erode them and make battery acid leak all over the place?  Or am I not allowed to buy battery powered diapers?  What would those do--clean themselves?  Make my child crawl faster?  Light up when it needs to be changed?  Have a flashlight to help the kid find the litter box in the dark?  So many questions...)

No comments: