Thursday, August 25, 2011

Interesting Thought

  Rachel and I had a doctor's appointment the other day--everything looks great, they say, and Nebuchadnezzar's head is pointed down.  I don't know if that's temporary or if he's preparing for the big launch, but it's a good sign, I suppose.  (They could tell me just about anything and I'd believe them.  Like I know anything about pregnancy!)

  A fascinating thought was just passed along to me--that Nebuchadnezzar is just as excited to meet us as we are to meet him...  I don't know why it never occurred to me that he might be thrilled to meet me (perhaps because I'm too busy focusing on the fact that he might express that excitement by peeing on me or crying all night), but I'm so wrapped up in my excitement to meet him that I never thought about the fact that there will be moments where he encircles his arms as far around me as he can and says, "I love you, dad."

No comments: