Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A Prayer for Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Mighty God,
  Here in this moment, all is well.  As I bow before your throne and immerse myself in that unapproachable light, I am in awe of your glory and so grateful for your love.  I picture the purity that emanates from your right hand, and I feel it wash clean my soul, that I am white as snow.  Flashes of lightning reveal how you hold the world in your hand, and I catch my breath at the wonder of it all.
  Father, in a few moments I will leave this moment and go back into the world, into the busy-ness and chaos that swirls around, the demands of a schedule and the needs of others pulling on my attention.  The eyes of my heart will be tugged by temptation and the appetites I have developed over the years, and I may no longer see you, let alone to see the world the way you see it, as a precious and dear place that should be loved fiercely.
  As I go out, grant that your Holy Spirit might enable me to remember to worship, and that the sense of worship that is embedded within might transform how I live and how I act, that the reality of the nearness of your Kingdom might help me consistently live as one who worships the Living God.

Amen

No comments: