Thursday, September 10, 2015

A Prayer for Thursday, Sept. 10

Gracious God,
  You are love.  From the beginning you have always promised to love, and that love echoes from generation from generation, from horizon to horizon, and your love reigns.
  At times, though, it is difficult to understand how your love is at work.  Seeds of chaos, planted long ago by sinful hearts, seem to be blossoming each day anew.  I wonder how you are at work in the crises that span the globe, and the heartache in each small child makes me wonder how to make sense of it all.  I know and believe that your Holy Spirit is at work, but I struggle to clearly grasp that.
  Help me to trust in you and your presence and your love, and grant me the wisdom to serve you by serving others, that I may actively live out my discipleship and not simply wait during my life.

Amen

No comments: