Sunday, June 14, 2009

Life is Grand

Life is grand. It's the culmination of running headfirst into each new day, hoping that whatever spills over from your efforts and becomes the reality running through your fingers; it's the sweet nectar dripping over the edge of a cup that runs over; it's the beauty of a sunset and a quiet moment as an entire day gasps its last before handing over to the night. And it's grand.

Why?

Because once, every once in a blue moon, I stop and consider how beautiful all of the world is. I take a deep breath and feel life as it fills my very being, from my head down to the depths of my soul, and I realize how good God truly is. This world isn't about me and how much I can accumulate; it's about how much of life I can set aside and leave for God to fill and glorify. When it's all said and done, life is grand, no matter how much time we spend constructing fears and terrors in the night; we are blessed to be created and set in such a place where we can lift our eyes to the heavens, to the hills, and find hope.

For hope is a beautiful thing. It rides on a horse so brilliant we cannot glimpse it, and it comes in ways unknown and unexpected, so that by the time it has nestled within the depths of our souls we often aren't sure how it arrived, but it is so beautiful that we treasure every ounce of it that fills us. We are blessed to have it, and called to share it. May our life, may our soul, may our words be evidence of the hope that rests within our being, calling us to laugh, to weep and to celebrate each moment of life that passes through our being.

No comments: